All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhy did your life turn out this way? Who are the most important people in your world? What would you do differently, if you had the chance? Ever since you were a child, you have been writing your life script. You use fragments of story to weave your own personal narrative. The parts in your script are acted by people around you. Some of the oldest stories in the world are the ones called myths. The characters in them are easy to recognize: the princess, the hero, the good mother, the wise old man. These characters are based on universal figures called 'archetypes'. LifeWorks introduces the twelve major archetypes, with examples from books and films. For each figure there is a story, followed by points to consider and tasks to perform. You use classic stories and archetypal figures to compose your own life script. LifeWorks is a practical handbook which combines insights from psychology and anthropology. You will learn how to identify relationship patterns and life themes. Stories and exercises help you to develop your own personal mythology.
- Author BiographyJane Bailey Bain has lived and traveled extensively around the world. Her work combines psychological and anthropological approaches to the study of myth. She currently teaches in West London.
- Author(s)Jane Bailey Bain
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.