All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Anglo-Catholic movement within the Church of England enjoyed a golden era beginning in the aftermath of the First World War and continuing to the middle of the 20th century. Its influence was widespread in all areas of local, national and international church life, and the rewned Anglo Catholic Congress, which held a number of provincial gatherings, became a pioneering evangelistic and teaching agency that was effective in a number of areas: inner city mission, contemporary biblical scholarship, social reform, women's suffrage, liturgical creativity, sponsorship of the arts, invative church architecture, religious life and spiritual direction, initiatives in Christian unity and more. This illustrated history, co-published with the Society of Faith, charts the achievements of those remarkable years and provides a valuable record for all students of church history.
- Author BiographyJOHN GUNSTONE is well known as the author of the acclaimed Healed, Restored, Forgiven - prayers and readings for the ministry of healing and A Touching Place. He is a Canon Emeritus of Manchester Cathedral.
- Author(s)John Gunstone
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Note16pp plates
- Weight558 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.