Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page by Brad Tolinski (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis oral autobiography of Jimmy Page, the intensely private mastermind behind Led Zeppelin one of the most enduring bands in rock history is the most complete and revelatory portrait of the legendary guitarist ever published.More than 30 years after disbanding in 1980, Led Zeppelin continues to be celebrated for its artistic achievements, broad musical influence, and commercial success. The band's torious exploits have been chronicled in bestselling books; yet ne of the individual members of the band has penned a memoir r cooperated to any degree with the press or a biographer. In Light & Shade, Jimmy Page, the band s most reticent and inscrutable member, opens up to journalist Brad Tolinski, for the first time exploring his remarkable life and musical journey in great depth and intimate detail.Based on extensive interviews conducted with the guitarist/producer over the past 20 years, Light & Shade encompasses Page s entire career, beginning with his early years as England s top session guitarist when he worked with artists ranging from Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, and Burt Bacharach to the Kinks, The Who, and Eric Clapton. Page speaks frankly about his decadent yet immensely creative years in Led Zeppelin, his synergistic relationships with band members Robert Plant, John Bonham, and John Paul Jones, and his table post-Zeppelin pursuits. While examining every major track recorded by Zeppelin, including Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love, and Kashmir, Page reflects on the band s sensational tours, the filming of the concert movie The Song Remains the Same, his fascination with the occult, meeting Elvis Presley, and the making of the rock masterpiece Led Zeppelin IV, about which he offers a complete behind-the-scenes account. Additionally, the book is peppered with sidebar chapters that include conversations between Page and other guitar greats, including his childhood friend Jeff Beck and hipster icon Jack White.Through Page s own words, Light and Shade presents an unprecedented first-person view of one of the most important musicians of our era.
- Author BiographyBRAD TOLINSKI has been the editor-in-chief of Guitar World, the world s best-selling magazine for musicians, forover two decades. He has interviewed and profiled most of popular music s greatest guitarists including Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Edward Van Halen, Jack White, and Jeff Beck. He is also the author of the deluxe-editionart books for Genesis Publications in England, Classic Hendrix: The Ultimate Hendrix Experience and The Faces: 1969 75.
- Author(s)Brad Tolinski
- PublisherBroadway Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadway Books
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.