All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionTHE QUEST FOR THE STONE BEGINS On September 28, 1992, a mysterious loner is doomed to die in a sensational burst of light, taking with him a meteorite of the ancient world and a power carried down from the dawn of human civilization. Sixteen centuries later, one man hopes to make that power his own by retrieving it from the past. For the reward of virtual immortality, he will spare expense-and one who gets in his way. The path to the legendary fire's-eye hinges on a secret left in the memory of an android and on the luck of a spacefaring gambler. Meanwhile, the fate of the stone remains locked in 20th-century Philadelphia, left to a beautiful lawyer who fights to escape the shadow of her eminent family and a private detective who has thing to lose. The past, present, and future are suddenly on a collision course. For those who stand in the stone's wake, life is about to radically change. Light of the Fire's-Eye is the second vel by Robert William Grofe, author of Hellbender (Sense of Wonder Press, 2009).
- Author BiographyROBERT WILLIAM GROFE was born in Philadelphia and has lived in the area for most of his life; he currently resides in Collegeville, Pennsylvania. He holds a B.A. in writing seminars from Johns Hopkins and has been writing professionally for 20 years. During college, he was a staff writer and illustrator for the student-run Black & Blue Jay magazine and regular cartoonist for the university newsletter, and he worked as a freelance reporter for the Newtown Square County Press before joining The Vanguard Group in Valley Forge, where he now copyedits corporate reports and marketing materials. He enjoys traveling and has spent many months sailing in the Chesapeake Bay and the Caribbean, which he believes has fueled many of his ideas. As for his interest in space, he credits that particular inspiration to his parents, who in 1969 deposited him in front of a television set and forced him to watch the Apollo 11 Moon landing at five months of age. He writes fiction in his spare time; his first novel, Hellbender, was published in 2009 and is available through Sense of Wonder Press. Light of the Fire's-Eye is the first book of The Spacetime Cycle, a trilogy that Robert has been developing since his college graduation. He hopes to have his epic science fiction series completed sometime before the advent of the flying car.
- Author(s)Robert William Grofe
- PublisherRobot Reef
- Date of Publication29/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobot Reef
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.