All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with dangerous thoughts from Neruda's memorias, and brooding over the legends of the Haida people in British Columbia (the white raven) and Italian superstitions (the black cat), the protagonist transports the reader into the world of Canadian immigration post-WW2. On the one hand, there is the memory never wiped from the mind of the protagonist who returns and sees his old hometown as it once was. Additionally, there is the suffering caused by migration. Like the hunter who, after a few years of living in Canada, returns home to enjoy the fruit of a pension and realizes the reality that awaits him is longer his reality. In a moment of despair, he goes into the woods and takes his own life.
- Author BiographyPietro Corsi was born in the region of Molise (Italy) in 1937. During the mid-50's he moved to Rome, where he worked as a translator while co-creating radio programs for RAI, the official Italian radio organisation. He was visiting Canada in 1959, when he was offered a job by the Italian weekly newspaper Il Cittadino Canadese . Promoted Operating Manager for Princess Cruises, of Love Boat fame, he established residence in California in 1969. He was covering the position of Executive Vice President in 1992, when he retired to resume his writing career. He has authored several books ranging from fiction to essays, cookbooks and training manuals for the cruise industry.
- Author(s)Pietro Corsi
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight154 g
- Width125 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.