All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionPaulette Jiles, the bestselling author of the highly praised vels The Color of Lightning, Stormy Weather, and Enemy Women, pushes into new territory with Lighthouse Island-a captivating and atmospheric story set in the far future-a literary dystopian tale resonant with love and hope. In the coming centuries the world's population has exploded. The earth is crowded with cities, animals are nearly all extinct, and drought is so widespread that water is rationed. There are maps, borders, numbered years, and freedom, except for an elite few. It is a harsh world for an orphan like Nadia Stepan. Growing up, she dreams of a green vacation spot called Lighthouse Island, in a place called the Pacific Northwest. When an opportunity for escape arises, Nadia embarks on a dangerous and sometimes comic adventure. Along the way she meets a man who changes the course of her life: James Orotov, a mapmaker and demolition expert. Together, they evade arrest and head rth toward a place of wild beauty that lies beyond the megapolis-Lighthouse Island.
- Author BiographyPaulette Jiles is a novelist, poet, and memoirist. She is the author of Cousins, a memoir, and the novels Enemy Women, Stormy Weather, The Color of Lightning, Lighthouse Island, and News of the World. She lives on a ranch near San Antonio, TX.
- Author(s)Paulette Jiles
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight326 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.