All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionLighting is a basic, yet difficult-to-master, element of interior design, and Lighting Design Basics provides the information you need in a concise, highly visual format. Two leading designers, both with decades of experience, offer straightforward coverage of concepts and techniques, and present realistic goals you can use as guides to creating simple, typical lighting designs and when collaborating with professional designers on more complex projects. Design scenarios for more than twenty different spaces illustrate real-world case studies for illuminating residential and commercial spaces, from kitchens to doctors' offices. Each scenario includes an in-depth rationale for the proposed solution, insightful lighting distribution diagrams, floor plans, and details for lighting installation and construction. In addition, exercises allow you to develop lighting design skills in preparation for working on actual projects, as well as the NCIDQ and NCARB exams. Packed with informative illustrations, Lighting Design Basics is an invaluable resource for students, as well as interior designers and architects studying for professional licensing exams.
- Author BiographyMARK KARLEN, AIA, ASID, is Chairman of the Interior Design Department at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. In addition to an extensive career in architecture and interior design, he has dedicated many years to interior design education, including preparation courses for the professional licensing exam. JAMES BENYA, PE, FIES, IALD, LC, is Principal of Benya Lighting Design of West Linn, Oregon. He is a professional lighting designer and consultant with more than thirty years of experience. His design work has been published in numerous industry magazines, and he has lectured extensively on the professional conference circuit.
- Author(s)James R. Benya,Mark Karlen
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/04/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date16/05/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width276 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.