Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionContents - Preface - 1 Historical survey - 2 The thunderstorm - 2.1. Global distribution of thunderstorms - 2.2. The thundercloud - 2.3. Point-discharge currents - 3. The lightning discharge - 3.1. Temporal development of flash to ground - 3.2. Strokes to tall structures - 3.3. Lightning currents and related parameters - 3.4. Frequency of lightning discharges - 4. The lightning conductor - 4.1. Mechanism of strike - 4.2. Striking distance - 4.3. Protective zone - 4.4. Radio-active lightning conductors - 4.5. Frequency of strikes to a structure - 5 Principles of protection - 5.1 Need for protection - 5.2. Design considerations - 5.3. Thermal considerations - 5.4. Mechanical considerations - 5.5. Electrical considerations - 6. Materials and dimensions - 6.1. Conductors for use above ground - 6.2. Conductors for use below ground - 6.3. Corrosion - Lightning Protection - 7. Protective systems for domestic, industrial and public structures - 7.1. Air-termination network - 7.2. Down conductors - 7.3. Earth-termination network - 7.4. Earth electrodes - 7.5. Joints - 7.6. Metal components on and in buildings - 7.7. Sound and television aerials - 7.8. Electricity supply and telephone installations - 7.9. Structures with flammable roofs and farm buildings - 8. Protection of tall structures - 8.1. High-rise buildings - 8.2. Chimneys and cooling towers - 8.3. Churches and monuments - 8.4. Telecommunication structures - 9 Protection of danger structures - 9.1. General considerations - 9.2. Structures above ground - 9.3. Structures below ground - 9.4. Mining and blasting - 9.5. Aircraft - 9.6. Warning devices - 10. Protection of miscellaneous structures - 10.1. Temporary structures - 10.2. Mobile structures - 10.3. Agricultural objects - 10.4. Structures on rock - 10.5. Playing fields and public highways - 10.6. Trees - 10.7. Ships and boats - 11. Maintenance - 11.1. General considerations - 11.2. Test methods - 11.3. Inspection and records - 12. Protection of persons and animals - 12.1. Effects of lightning currents - 12.2. Protection in the open - 12.3. Protection indoors - 12.4. Lightning casualties and resuscitation - 13. Postscript - Appendix - National Codes considered in text - References - Author Index - Subject Index - Contents -
- Author(s)R. H. Golde
- PublisherChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/1975
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight486 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.