All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive treatise on the components and devices of the lightwave explosion. Multiple advances in lightwave techlogy have led to a veritable overload of global information systems throughout the world. Given the sheer number and growing importance of such systems, Govind Agrawal's Lightwave Techlogy answers the need for a comprehensive and up-to-date account of all major aspects of this rapidly expanding field. Components and Devices , the first independent volume of this two-volume engineering resource, is devoted to describing a multitude of today's silica- and semiconductor- based optical devices. Conceived and written by the foremost expert and bestselling author in the fiber optic field, the text provides detailed, in-depth coverage of both theoretical and practical aspects of the science, including: Fiber optics; Passive and active fiber components; Planar waveguides; Semiconductor lasers and amplifiers; Optical modulators Photodetectors; WDM components; and, Space- and time- domain switching. The second volume, Lightwave Techlogy: Communication Systems , deals with the design and performance of modern transmission systems making use of these devices. Complete with chapter problems, a CD, and a Solutions Manual , this title serves as both a basic text book for students and a practical everyday reference for engineers and researchers in the field.
- Author BiographyGOVIND P. AGRAWAL, PhD, is a professor at the Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, New York, and a Fellow of both the Optical Society of America and the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering. A recognized expert in his field, Professor Agrawal has authored and coauthored over 300 research papers, book chapters, and monographs.
- Author(s)Govind P. Agrawal
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2004
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight750 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.