All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI hate camp. I just hate it. I wish I didn t. But I do. Being here is worse than bug juice on a burger. Or homework on Thanksgiving. Or water seeping into my shoes. In this sequel to Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie, Elear is off to summer camp. At first she s excited, but when she gets there she finds bugs, electricity, and terrible food. And worst of all: swim class, where she just can t seem to keep up with the other campers. But as the days go by, Elear realizes that life is full of special surprises even after some belly flops. Praise for Like Bug Juice on a Burger Elear doesn t just survive, she grows Readers will celebrate and look forward to more. Kirkus Reviews Sternberg gets all of the details exactly right, from the orange, oozing sloppy joes to the frustrations of trying to swim in a life jacket. susan dove lempke. The HornBook This is a really sweet vel in verse and a good sequel to Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie (Abrams, 2011), though it works fine as a stand-alone. School Library Journal Elear s tentative yet heartfelt voice comes through as clearly as in the first volume, with the short, ragged-right-margin lines as approachable as her personality. Sternberg is particularly deft at leaving young-reader-sized room for interpretation and extrapolation. The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books This sequel to Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie (2011) is just as endearing and wise, illustrating how small triumphs can help children survive what, at the time, seems an insurmountable trial. Booklist Award Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbons List 2013 Hor list - 2014 Gryphon Award
- Author BiographyJulie Sternberg, formerly a lawyer for the ACLU, received her MFA from The New School. She is the author of Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie, Like Bug Juice on a Burger, and Like Carrot Juice on a Cupcake. She lives in New York City. Matthew Cordell is the illustrator of Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie, Bat and Rat, and Trouble Gum. He lives outside of Chicago.
- Author(s)Julie Sternberg
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Weight136 g
- Width137 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Matthew Cordell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.