Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new and expanded edition of A. W. F. Edwards' classic volume on scientific inference presents his most important published articles on the subject. Edwards argues that the appropriate axiomatic basis for inductive inference is t that of probability, with its addition axiom, but that of likelihood, the concept introduced by Fisher as a measure of relative support among different hypotheses. Starting from the simplest considerations and assuming more than a basic acquaintancewith probability theory, the author sets out to reconstruct a consistent theory of statistical inference in science. Using the likelihood approach, he explores estimation, tests of significance, randomization, experimental design, and other statistical topics. Likelihood is important reading for students and professionals in biology, mathematical sciences, and philosophy.
- Author BiographyA. W. F. Edwards is reader in biometry and fellow of Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge, England. He is the author of Foundations of Mathematical Genetics and Pascal's Arithmetical Triangle.
- Author(s)A. W. F. Edwards
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1992
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementExpanded edition
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.