All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharlie, a fourteen year old boy, is killed by the local crime lord. Myra, his ten year old lil' sister, does t think the police are doing eugh to solve her brother's crime. She steps up and starts doing some investigating of her own. By doing research at the local library and online at school, Myra discovers some vital information at the crime scene that the police appear to have overlooked. After interviewing the witness, Laura Darlington to Charlie's murder, Myra befriends Laura and helps guide the police to information that leads them to a suspect of both Charlie's murder and Laura's kidnapping. Did I say kidnapping? Yes, Laura is kidnapped but by who? Upon hearing about Laura's kidnapping, Myra insists that she and Momma go talk to the police and show them the evidence and interview tes that Myra conducted under the pretense of doing a school project. Myra's information is just what the police need to get a search warrant for the suspect's properties. Upon finding that the suspect owns two different properties in the mountains, the police split up into two teams and go to search the properties. At the one location, a young boy is found to be the one protecting the house after a gunfight and a deputy is killed. Who paid this young man to do this and how much is killing a police officer worth? Will they find the location where Laura is being held before anything happens to her? Who is the killer and who is the kidnapper? Are they the same person or are there two different people involved? Will Myra's interview and investigation help the police in court? Why did the police miss some vital information? Was it overlooked or planted there?
- Author(s)MS Missy Polen
- Date of Publication08/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.