All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo decades after the third edition of Lilienfeld's Foundations of Epidemiology advanced the teaching of epidemiology, this completely revised fourth edition offers a new and invative approach for future generations of students in population health. Authored by two longtime educators in epidemiology, this all-new Foundations frames the field's fundamental concepts within a mix of classic examples and recent case studies, as well the inclusion of recently developed measures w finding commonplace usage in the field. The result is a comprehensive introduction to modern epidemiology accessible to readers of all backgrounds and interests. Features in this new Foundations include: - Coverage of all the fundamentals of epidemiology, including measuring health status, characteristics of outbreaks, design and construct of epidemiologic studies - Exercises to check understanding - Chapters devoted to clinical epidemiology, fieldwork, evidence-based medicine, and evidence-based public health contextualize epidemiology and its place in medicine and society Devoid of the digressions and inaccessibility that characterize many other introductory epidemiology texts, this new Foundations of Epidemiology will inform thinking and learning in the population sciences for decades to come. It is affordable, comprehensive, and enjoyable to read, one t likely to sit on the shelf collecting dust but to be consulted over time as one would when seeking guidance from a wise friend or mentor.
- Author BiographyDona Schneider, PhD, MPH, is Professor and Associate Dean in the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers University, where she has taught medical geography and epidemiology to undergraduate and graduates students for more than 25 years. Her research record includes more than 125 refereed journal articles, books and book chapters, mostly focusing on mortality, morbidity and risk factors for disease, especially for children and minorities. David E. Lilienfeld, MD, MPH, MBA, is an internationally recognized expert and educator in epidemiology and public health history. He was a pioneering figure in the area of pharmacoepidemiology and has made many contributions across the spectrum of epidemiologic inquiry. Dr. Lilienfeld has held leadership roles in the establishment and growth of many of the professional societies in the epidemiology community, and has also served in an editorial capacity for several epidemiology journals. In addition to his scholarly endeavors, Dr. Lilienfeld has been a strong advocate for epidemiology within the pharmaceutical industry and he co-developed (with Bert Black) the template for the use of epidemiologic evidence in legal proceedings.
- Author(s)David E. Lilienfeld,Dona Schneider
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.