All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLillipilly Hill is the story of Harriet Wilmot and her family, who have come to live in an inherited house in the New South Wales town of Barley Creek at the end of the nineteenth century. Harriet is in awe of Australia, despite the heat and unconventional schooling, and much prefers it to dreary old London. Not all of the Wilmots agree however and Harriet breaks rules and expectations in her efforts to convince her family to stay in this new and exciting land. Following an altercation with ather boy Harriet's brother Aidan even attempts to walk, in the middle of the night, to the harbour. Battling the kind of darkness you only get in the country and impenetrable swampland Aidan comes across a mysterious young man with a dog who will change his perspective on Australia and even life itself. Lillipilly Hill is a delightful coming-of-age story that is all at once sweet and adventurous, sensitive and exciting.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesCommended for Children's Book Council of Australia Awards: Book of the Year - Older Readers 1961.
- Author(s)Eleanor Spence
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication25/09/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleText Classics
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight204 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Introduction byUrsula Dubosarsky
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $16.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.