All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven before Kateri Tekakwitha's canization on October 21, 2012, many had been inspired by the story of the young Native American mystic who lived in the Mohawk Valley during the seventeenth century. With Emily Cavins's skill for weaving together historical facts and a compelling story, readers will discover Kateri's path to sainthood against the backdrop of her life as a Native American in New York. These pages will reveal:
- What led to Kateri's desire to become a ChristianHer piety and self-denial in the face of persecution and illnessHer impact on the Catholic Mohawk communityThe long road to sainthood, including two miracles attributed to KateriMore than just a compelling story of Kateri's short life, readers will also learn how to avail themselves of Kateri's intercession, why Kateri has become kwn as the patron saint of the environment, and of her connection to St. Francis of Assisi.
- Author BiographyEmily Cavins is the author of several books, including My Heart Is a Violin, the story of Holocaust survivor Shony Alex Braun. She coedited Amazing Grace for Mothers and developed the Great Adventure Kids Bible study materials. She has been married to Jeff for over thirty years; they live in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Emily Cavins
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byFather Mitch Pacwa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.