All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionLove and passion can make a strong person weak to the point of self-loathing. Why can't you walk away? Why do your eyes find him and give away your heart? And why do you treat the one you love with such contempt? Why do men speak plainly yet women misconstrue what they say? Why do women need to hear the words, I love you, to feel they are truly loved then still need constant reassurance? Anyone who has been in love kws the elasticity that pulls two people together even when they try to stay apart. Lily's War takes the reader into Lily's world of pleasing men, pretty clothes, scented baths, and living in a house of red velvets, polished woods, gleaming crystal, and good food and drink. Into this world comes David who, in the mode of Jane Austen heroes, is a wealthy, ambitious, and haughty young cadet who would never haven entered such an establishment had his jealous friend t gotten him drunk. Teetotaler David has set high career and moral goals for himself, and wakes to his surroundings saying that the place is t fitting, t responsible, t moral. It's probably the last place on earth I should be. Yet, he stays the night. Lily's War is strong women fighting to save their families and their ways of life. It is dashing young men wanting glory in battle. Told with realistic grittiness, Lily's War is about people displaying their good and bad natures and people wanting what they cant have. It is about two young people who should never have met then try to beat the odds to be together. As their country fights, they fight their love and attraction and their sense of right and wrong. They hide their identities, commit espionage and kidnapping, spend time in prison, almost hang, and take advantage of friends and family-and war-to love and hurt each other. What will they do when the war is over?
- Author BiographyI inherited my love of writing and history from my father. After we watched historical movies together, we investigated the people and events to see what they really looked like and what really happened to them. As a child, I read and wrote poetry and stories. My interest in writing waned during the years of marriage and children until a university job enabled me to write for school publications. The next thing I knew, I had written five novels with time periods ranging from 1812 to current day. Researching one of these about a World War II military nurse inspired me to tell the world about these women in a nonfiction format. This became my first published book, and the one that became a play in December 2008. Lily's War was inspired by the old folk song, Lily of the West. I like the idea of writing more novels based on folk songs. They are stories of their own and usually have the tragedy and angst I like. As I usually do, I used a real soldier to gain insight and accuracy. I am easily swept up and totally immersed into other eras.
- Author(s)Kathi Jackson
- Date of Publication12/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.