Limits of Computation: An Introduction to the Undecidable and the Intractable by Edna E. Reiter, Clayton Matthew Johnson (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $164.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLimits of Computation: An Introduction to the Undecidable and the Intractable offers a gentle introduction to the theory of computational complexity. It explains the difficulties of computation, addressing problems that have algorithm at all and problems that cant be solved efficiently. The book enables readers to understand: * What does it mean for a problem to be unsolvable or to be NP-complete? * What is meant by a computation and what is a general model of a computer? * What does it mean for an algorithm to exist and what kinds of problems have algorithm? * What problems have algorithms but the algorithm may take centuries to finish? Developed from the authors' course on computational complexity theory, the text is suitable for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students without a strong background in theoretical computer science. Each chapter presents the fundamentals, examples, complete proofs of theorems, and a wide range of exercises.
- Author BiographyEdna E. Reiter, Ph.D., is the current Chair of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at California State University, East Bay (CSUEB). Her research interests include noncommutative ring theory and theoretical aspects of computer science. Clayton Matthew Johnson, Ph.D., is the graduate coordinator for all M.S. students and the incoming Chair of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at CSUEB. His research interests include genetic algorithms and machine learning. Drs. Reiter and Johnson developed the subject matter for the CSUEB Computation and Complexity course, which is required for all students in the computer science M.S. program. The course covers the hard problems of computer science-those that are intractable or undecidable. The material in this book has been tested on multiple sections of CSUEB students.
- Author(s)Clayton Matthew Johnson,Edna E. Reiter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note79 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.