All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith his talk on the limits of natural kwledge in 1872 ( Igrabimus! We will never kw! ), Emil du Bois-Reymond stirred up a controversy (the Igrabimus-Streit), which spread widely beyond German-speaking countries. It concerned the very possibility to set boundaries to kwledge, the development of the sciences, their attainable results, and concept formation. In this volume, the philosophical value of the Igrabimus controversy is critically examined. The historical matter and its theoretical implications are assessed with regard to the mutual relationships between philosophy and the sciences in the 19th century and beyond.
- Author(s)Micheal Anacker,Nadia Moro
- PublisherMimesis International
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintMimesis International
- Weight590 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.