About this product
- DescriptionOur sixteenth president is kwn for many things: he delivered the Emancipation Proclamation and the Gettysburg Address during the Civil War. He was tall and skinny and toriously stern-looking. And he also had some very strong ideas about abolishing slavery, ideas which brought him into close contact with ather very visible public figure: Frederick Douglass. Douglass was born a slave but escaped in 1838 and became one of the central figures in the history of the American abolitionist movement.This book offers a glimpse into the unusual friendship between two great American leaders. At a time when racial tensions were high and racial equality was t yet established, Abraham Lincoln and Douglass formed a strong bond over shared ideals and worked alongside each other for a common goal. Nikki Giovanni and Bryan Collier, the acclaimed team behind Rosa, winner of the Coretta Scott King Award and a Caldecott Hor book, join forces once more to portray this historic friendship at a unique moment in time.
- Author BiographyNikki Giovanni is one of our best-known and best-loved African American poets. She is the author of Rosa, which won the Coretta Scott King Award and a Caldecott Honor, as well many other books for children and adults. She teaches creative writing at Virginia Tech and lives in Christiansburg, Virginia.Bryan Collier is the illustrator of the acclaimed Rosa and the author/illustrator of Uptown, winner of the Coretta Scott King Award and the Ezra Jack Keats Book Award. He is also the illustrator of Martin's Big Words, which was a Caldecott Honor Book. Mr. Collier lives with his family in New York.
- Author(s)Nikki Giovanni
- PublisherSquare Fish
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare Fish
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Collier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.