All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Changing Role of Faith in the Life of the Sixteenth President of the United States How do we reconcile the young religious skeptic with the mature president who so profoundly invested the Civil War with religious significance? Lincoln s religious views difficult to recover, interpret, and disentangle from past and present biases are the subject of this brief survey. Journal of American History Michael Burkhimer examines the history of the president s interaction with religion accounts from those who knew him, his own letters and writings, the books he read to reveal a man who did t believe in orthodox Christian precepts (and might have had a hard time getting elected today) yet, by his example, was a person and president who most truly embodied Christian teachings.
- Author(s)Michael Burkhimer
- PublisherWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationYardley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.