Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary and revealing diaries of the revolutionary British film and theatre director who became one of the major cultural figures of his time As a director, critic, writer and actor, Lindsay Anderson established a reputation as one of the most invative, impassioned and fiercely independent British artists of the twentieth century. In directing films such as If, This Sporting Life and O Lucky Man he championed a new wave of social responsiveness in British cinema, while as director at the Royal Court he was responsible for establishing the reputation of a number of groundbreaking plays. Throughout his life Anderson stood in opposition to the establishment of his day. Published for the first time, his diaries provide a uniquely personal document of his artistic integrity and vision, his work, and his personal and public struggles. Peopled by a myriad of artists and stars - Malcolm McDowell, Richard Harris, Albert Finney, Anthony Hopkins Brian Cox, Karel Reisz, Arthur Miller, George Michael - the Diaries provide a fascinating account of one of the most creative periods of British cultural life.Gripping Daily Express Vicious and velvety in roughly equal measure ...Demands reading at a single sitting Daily Telegraph the reader of this book is richly rewarded Daily Mail
- Author BiographyPaul Sutton is an historian and freelance photographer.
- Author(s)Lindsay Anderson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/11/2005
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleDiaries, Letters and Essays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight446 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byPaul Sutton
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.