All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBased on lectures given at Claremont McKenna College, this text constitutes a substantial, abstract introduction to linear algebra. The presentation emphasizes the structural elements over the computational - for example by connecting matrices to linear transformations from the outset - and prepares the student for further study of abstract mathematics. Uniquely among algebra texts at this level, it introduces group theory early in the discussion, as an example of the rigorous development of informal axiomatic systems.
- Author(s)Robert J. Valenza
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2012
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.