All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn insightful approach to the analysis of variance in the study of linear models Linear Models explores the theory of linear models and the dynamic relationships that these models have with Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), experimental design, and random and mixed-model effects. This one-of-a-kind book emphasizes an approach that clearly explains the distribution theory of linear models and experimental design starting from basic mathematical concepts in linear algebra. The author begins with a presentation of the classic fixed-effects linear model and goes on to illustrate eight common linear models, along with the value of their use in statistics. From this foundation, subsequent chapters introduce concepts pertaining to the linear model, starting with vector space theory and the theory of least-squares estimation. An outline of the Helmert matrix is also presented, along with a thorough explanation of how the ANOVA is created in both typical two-way and higher layout designs, ultimately revealing the distribution theory. Other important topics covered include: Vector space theory The theory of least squares estimation Gauss-Markov theorem Kronecker products Diagstic and robust methods for linear models Likelihood approaches to estimation A discussion of Bayesian theory is also included for purposes of comparison and contrast, and numerous illustrative exercises assist the reader with uncovering the nature of the models, using both classic and new data sets. Requiring only a working kwledge of basic probability and statistical inference, Linear Models is a valuable book for courses on linear models at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is also an excellent reference for practitioners who use linear models to conduct research in the fields of ecometrics, psychology, sociology, biology, and agriculture.
- Author BiographyBrenton R. Clarke , PhD, is Senior Lecturer in Mathematics and Statistics at Murdoch University, Australia. A former president of the Western Australian Branch of the Statistical Society of Australia, Dr. Clarke has published numerous journal articles in his areas of research interest, which include linear models, robust statistics, and time series analysis.
- Author(s)Brenton R. Clarke
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width165 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.