All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionProvides options for implementing IPv6 and IPv6 multicast in service provider networks New techlogies, viewing paradigms, and content distribution approaches are taking the TV/video services industry by storm. Linear and Nonlinear Video and TV Applications: Using IPv6 and IPv6 Multicast identifies five emerging trends in next-generation delivery of entertainment-quality video. These trends are observable and can be capitalized upon by progressive service providers, telcos, cable operators, and ISPs. This comprehensive guide explores these evolving directions in the TV/video services industry, including worldwide deployment of IPv6, IPTV services, web-produced video content, and the plethora of different screens available, from TV to iPad. It offers practical suggestions as to how these techlogies can be implemented in service provider networks to support cost-effective delivery of entertainment, and how new revenue-generating services can be brought to market. Important topics include: * Evolving video consumption habits and possible network implications * An overview of IPv6 address capabilities, protocols, quality of service (QoS), and more * Process descriptions of IP multicast and IPv6 multicast approaches and challenges * A detailed overview of IPTV systems and techlogies, including architectural requirements, QoE and QoS, security and content protection, networks, and more * Internet-based TV techlogies: streaming, content distribution networks, P2P networks, and cloud computing * Non-traditional video content sources and their implications Linear and Nonlinear Video and TV Applications: Using IPv6 and IPv6 Multicast is indispensable reading for planners, CTOs, and engineers at broadcast TV operations, Cable TV operations, satellite operations, Internet and IS providers, telcos, and wireless providers.
- Author BiographyDaniel Minoli has done extensive work in video engineering, design, and implementation over the years at several organizations including Telcordia (Bellcore), Stevens Institute of Technology, AT&T, and Gartner/DataPro. He has written several video-related books, including 3DTV Content Capture, Encoding, and Transmission: Building the Transport Infrastructure for Commercial Services (Wiley).
- Author(s)Daniel Minoli
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/09/2012
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight724 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.