All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInverse problems arise in practical applications whenever there is a need to interpret indirect measurements. This book explains how to identify ill-posed inverse problems arising in practice and gives a hands-on guide to designing computational solution methods for them, with related codes on an accompanying website. The guiding linear inversion examples are the problem of image deblurring, x-ray tomography, and backward parabolic problems, including heat transfer. A thorough treatment of electrical impedance tomography is used as the guiding nlinear inversion example which combines the analytic-geometric research tradition and the regularization-based school of thought in a fruitful manner. This book is complete with exercises and project topics, making it ideal as a classroom textbook or self-study guide for graduate and advanced undergraduate students in mathematics, engineering or physics who wish to learn about computational inversion. It also acts as a useful guide for researchers who develop inversion techniques in high-tech industry.
- Author BiographyJennifer L. Mueller is a Professor of Mathematics and Biomedical Engineering at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. She has served as Vice Chair and Program Director for the SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Science. Samuli Siltanen works as a Professor of Industrial Mathematics at the University of Helsinki, Finland, and is a senior scientist in the Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems Research nominated by the Academy of Finland for the periods 2006-2011 and 2012-2017. He is President of the Finnish Inverse Problems Society.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Muller,Samuli Siltanen
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleComputational Science and Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight620 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.