All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Pamela Powell takes a very practical approach, showing how to design and construct lingerie, sleepwear and foundation garments. Step-bystep illustrations demonstrate the basic blocks and show how to manipulate them into different styles. Advice is given about how to work with the speciality fabrics used in the industry including woven, knit, power stretch and bias-cut fabrics. Specially commissioned photographs and diagrams are used to showcase construction techniques specific to lingerie including boning, elastic and lace insertion and how and where to use the myriad of closures available. A final chapter on embellishment shows how to add unique and personal touches to garments and apply that luxurious finish.
- Author BiographyPamela Powell has worked for fashion houses in Australia and in the UK. She has designed swimwear and lingerie collections and more recently has taught on fashion design degree programs at the College of DuPage and Columbia College in the US.
- Author(s)Pamela Powell
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication11/07/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note900 illustrations, 300 in colour
- Weight1520 g
- Width236 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.