CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1993, Smyth & Helwys released the book Learning to Dream Again by ted pastor, teacher, and writer Charles Bugg. The book told of Bugg's son David, whose malignant brain tumor sent David and his entire family down a path filled with the pain of medical tests, surgeries, and radiation, as well as the disappointment of dreams which may never be fulfilled. The response to Bugg's story as told in Learning to Dream Again was overwhelming. Fourteen years later, Bugg has updated the story in this new book, Lingering Grief. Not only does this new book continue the story of David and his family, but it also considers the stories of countless others who connected to the earlier book and who shared with the author their stories of dealing with the lingering grief of their pain and, indeed, learning to dream again.
- Author BiographyCharles Bugg currently serves as Professor of Church Ministry and Leadership at the M. Christopher White School of Divinity at Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina. He has served as Dean of the Divinity School as well as the Kenneth Chafin Professor of Preaching at Baptist Theological Seminary in Richmond, Virginia. He also held the Carl Bates Chair of Preaching at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Bugg has pastored churches in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. He is author of many books, including Witness of a Fragile Servant, Preaching and Intimacy, and A Faith to Meet Our Fears. Dr. Bugg, his wife, Diane, and their son, David, reside in Boiling Springs. Their daughter, Laura Beth, lives with her husband, Brian and son, Finn, in Sydney, Australia. Brian is an astrophysicist at Sydney University, which has helped Bugg to be a better listener since he has nothing to say on the subject of astrophysics.
- Author(s)Charles Bugg
- PublisherSmyth & Helwys,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMacon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmyth & Helwys,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width147 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.