Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe main argument of this book is that the tion of truth plays role in speaker-hearers' interpretation of linguistic utterances and that it is t needed for theoretical accounts of linguistic meaning either. The theoretical argument is developed in the first part, while the second part supports it with cognitive relevance-theoretic, rather than truth-based, analyses of the 'concessive' expressions but, although and even if .
- Author BiographyCORINNE ITEN completed her PhD at University College London. She has since held post-doctoral positions at UCL and Carleton University, Ottawa.
- Author(s)Corinne Iten
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/05/2005
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Pragmatics, Language & Cognition
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight505 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnne Bezuidenhout,Deirdre Wilson,Francesca Happe,Francois Recanati,Kent Bach,Richard Breheny,Sam Glucksberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.