All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume deals with linguistic purism in its many realizations. In particular, the articles look at the relationship of purism to historical prescriptivism (e. g. the influence of grammarians in the 17th and 18th centuries), to nationhood (e. g. the instrumentalising of purism in the standardisation of Afrikaans or Luxembourgish), to modern society (e. g. the existence of puristic tendencies in computer chatrooms), to folk linguistics (e. g. lay perceptions of different varieties of English), and to academic linguistics (e. g. the presence of puristic tions in the historiography of German or English).
- Author BiographyNils Langer is a Lecturer in German Linguistics at the University of Bristol, UK. Winifred Davies is a Senior Lecturer in German at the University of Wales Aberystwyth, UK.
- Author(s)Winfred V. Davies
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication18/04/2005
- Series TitleStudia Linguistica Germanica
- Series Part/Volume Number75
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byNils Langer,V. Winifred
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.