All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLinguistics and the Teacher is a collection of essays by linguists on different aspects of the relationship between linguistics and education. All the contributors are united in their belief that linguistics should be a central element in the education of teachers, and argue for principled and systematic analysis in the study of the role of language in learning. The essays range from theoretical accounts of the nature of language study in teacher education to practical examples of how linguistics can help the teacher in such diverse contexts as the assessment of difficulty in textbooks, the teaching of literature, and analysing children's writing. The book offers models for analysis, specific syllabus and course proposals, and, in a key essay, discussion of those areas relevant to language and learning upon which most linguists would agree. The collection as a whole presents teachers with all the materials they need to make informed judgements about what has hitherto been regarded as a difficult area.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Library Editions: Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight508 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byRonald Carter
Save on Other
- AU $116.00Trending at AU $124.89
- AU $34.35Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.67Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $17.99
- AU $39.39Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $33.31Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $18.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.