All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLinks documents the first presentation of a broad spectrum of contemporary Australian studio glass to an American audience. The book explores an international network of craft influences and exchanges that started in the mid-1970s, clarifies techniques of glass production from manufacture to finished product, and illustrates significant contemporary glasswork that is t blown. Links begins in 1974, when American Richard Marquis traveled to Australia at the request of its government to promote studio glass and establish hot shops in educational institutions. His relationship with Australian Nick Mount initiated a lineage of blown-glass artists that is represented in the book. A second lineage of artists working in kiln-formed glass was initiated in 1979 when Klaus Moje, soon to be head of the Canberra School of Art Glass Workshop at ANU, met the founder of Oregon's Bullseye Glass Company at the Pilchuck Glass School rth of Seattle. At Moje's instigation, the Bullseye factory began to research and manufacture fusible, compatible glass-a complicated technical feat. Their product has fueled an explosion of kiln-worked glass internationally, most prominently in Australia. The book features the work of 25 Australian artists linked to each other and to the Northwest through workshops and classes, use of a common material, training and education, shared space, and/or production assistance. Exhibition curator Vicki Halper , Seattle, specializes in art of the Pacific Northwest and American craft. She is the co-editor of Choosing Craft: The Artist's Viewpoint and Morris Graves: Selected Letters. Margot Osborne and Grace Cochrane are esteemed Australian art historians and curators. Lani McGregor is co-owner of Bullseye Glass and director of Bullseye Gallery.
- Author BiographyVicki Halper , Seattle, specializes in art of the Pacific Northwest and American craft. She is the co-editor of Choosing Craft: The Artist's Viewpoint and Morris Graves: Selected Letters. Margot Osborne and Grace Cochrane are esteemed Australian art historians and curators. Lani McGregor is co-owner of Bullseye Glass and director of Bullseye Gallery.
- Author(s)Grace Cochrane,Lani McGregor,Margot Osborne,Vicki Halper
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note130 color illus.
- Weight1157 g
- Width249 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.