Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionLinux - The Complete Beginner's Guide!One of the biggest challenges for people interested in learning the ins and outs of Linux is simply a lack of time. When you are working with a limited and extremely valuable resource you want to make sure you make the most of it. The next biggest challenge for Linux newcomers is kwing where to start. There is so much information available that deciding what to focus your attention on first is a big eugh hurdle to keep many people from even starting. What's worse is starting down the path of learning only to discover too many concepts, commands, and nuances that aren't explained. This kind of experience is frustrating and leaves you with more questions than answers. Not only have I condensed the most important material into five sections, each designed to be consumed in a day, I've also structured the content in a logical and systematic manner. This way you'll be sure to make the most out of your time by learning the foundational aspects of Linux first and then building upon that foundation each day. Here Is A Preview Of What Inside The Book:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers. Screenshots included.
- What SSH is and how to use it, including creating and using SSH keys.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Author BiographyComputer developer turned author, Byron Francis graduated from university in Colorado with a degree in Computer Science & Engineering. As a child of the '80's growing up in the computer age, technology enthusiast he was always destined to follow this career path, although he did consider teaching software development, before being offered a job at a software house in Denver. Working as a developer, he gained extensive knowledge of computer programming languages working for clients across the globe, and progressed to deliver training, to colleagues and to the end users on writing programmes and using the software. To facilitate his training delivery, he began writing manuals on topics such as Linux, Raspberry Pi 3 and SQL, which proved very popular among his colleagues and so he published them to the wider public. He also writes articles for an online magazine, reviewing new apps and software releases. As Head of Development for the company, he started his career with, Byron now spends less time travelling and more time based in Colorado, where he lives with his wife and their two dogs. The Francis's like to spend their weekends away from the city trekking or camping, and are both keen horse riders. Make sure to click Follow on my author's page to follow my new releases
- Author(s)Byron Francis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.