Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.39+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIt began simply eugh. A young Finnish student at the University of Helsinki named Linus Torvalds decided to develop his own computer operating system merely as a hobby. More than a decade later, this same operating system has caused thing short of a revolution in the world of computers. Now kwn as Linux, Torvalds' creation was largely dismissed in the 1990s by tech pundits who claimed that it was unsuitable for the general public's computing needs. If they only knew how wrong they were! After a series of tweaks from excited developers around the world, Linux's unparalleled functionality and adaptability have w made it the main alternative to Unix and Microsoft Windows operating systems. And with good reason. System administrators realize that this robust alternative can greatly improve their operating system's reliability - and save them money, too. Linux systems are even less vulnerable to attacks by computer viruses and worms. Not surprisingly, businesses, government agencies, schools, and a wealth of other institutions are all looking to Linux to replace the Windows desktop for these same benefits. Linux in a Windows World takes an in-depth look at exactly how Linux can be brought into an organization that's currently based on Microsoft Windows systems. Featuring a litany of insider tips and techniques, Linux in a Windows World dispenses all the practical advice you need to migrate to this revolutionary open source software. Author Roderick W. Smith, himself a rewned system administrator and Linux convert, understands that the skills required to install, deploy, and maintain Linux are t easy to find. That's why he has tapped the absolute best source of information available: the Linux server experts who have made it their life's work to build and manage the Linux system. The latest in O'Reilly's line of bestselling Linux titles, Linux in a Windows World is an invaluable companion for any system administrator interested in integrating Linux into their Windows environment.
- Author BiographyRoderick W. Smith is a well-known system administrator with a monthly Linux Magazine column and several highly respected books, including Advanced Linux Networking and Linux Power Tools.
- Author(s)Roderick W. Smith
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication18/02/2005
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations,
- Weight794 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.