All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionLeo Maxwell always lived in the shadow of his older brother Teddy but is w an ambitious criminal defense attorney in his own right, practicing in Oakland under Teddy s ex-wife. When a mysterious woman nearly runs Leo down, then appears at his office and asks him to defend her brother on a murder charge, Leo thinks he s found the case that will make his name. One problem: he hasn t actually met the client. And after taking a series of photographs that seem to blow the lid on corruption in the police department, Leo quickly learns that all is t as it seemsbeginning with the alluring woman who hired him. Leo s client is actually represented by one of Oakland s most rewned gangland lawyers and claims never to have heard of him. Between the torious lawyer and certain elements within the Oakland police, Leo realizes that he has unwittingly made himself enemy number one within the criminal community as well as the police department. Both sides want him silenced before he uncovers the full extent of a scandal that is poised to engulf the whole city. As bodies pile up, Leo must decide what he will sacrifice in order to bring those responsible for the murders to justice. And the truth behind the corruption proves far more sinister than he could have ever suspected.
- Author BiographyLachlan Smith is the author of Bear is Broken, the first Leo Maxwell mystery. He was a Richard Scowcroft Fellow in the Stegner Program at Stanford and received an MFA from Cornell. His fiction has appeared in the Best New American Voices series. In addition to writing novels, he is an attorney practicing in the area of civil rights and employment law.
- Author(s)Lachlan Smith
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight299 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.