All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionLipids and essential oils have strong antimicrobial properties they kill or inhibit the growth of microbes such as bacteria, fungi, or viruses. They are being studied for use in the prevention and treatment of infections, as potential disinfectants, and for their preservative and antimicrobial properties when formulated as pharmaceuticals, in food products, and in cosmetics. Lipids and Essential Oils as Antimicrobial Agents is a comprehensive review of the scientific kwledge in this field. International experts provide summaries on: * the chemical and biological properties of lipids and essential oils * use of lipids and essential oils in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and health foods * antimicrobial effects of lipids * in vivo and in vitro * antimicrobial lipids in milk * antimicrobial lipids of the skin * antibacterial lipids as sanitizers and disinfectants * antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral activities of essential oils * antimicrobial lipids in milk * antimicrobial lipids of the skin * antibacterial lipids as sanitizers and disinfectants * antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral activities of essential oils Lipids and Essential Oils as Antimicrobial Agents is an essential guide to this important topic for researchers and advanced students in academia and research working in pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food sciences, biochemistry and natural products chemistry, microbiology; and for health care scientists and professionals working in the fields of public health and infectious diseases. It will also be of interest to anyone concerned about health issues and particularly to those who are conscious of the benefits of health food and natural products.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width171 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byHalldor Thormar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.