All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiquid City documents the collaboration between Iain Sinclair and photographer Marc Atkins and their eccentric, manic, often moving explorations of London's hidden streets, cemeteries, canals, parks, pubs and personalities. Consisting of striking, atmospheric photographs by Atkins, including many new additions, and with a new introduction by Sinclair, the book focuses on London's eastern and southeastern quadrants. An array of famous and lesser-kwn writers, booksellers and film-makers slip in and out of Sinclair's antations, as do memories and remnants of the East End's criminal mobs, as well as physical landmarks as diverse as the Thames Barrier and Karl Marx's grave in Highgate Cemetery.
- Author BiographyMarc Atkins is a freelance photographer whose work has been exhibited across Europe and North America, and published in books and magazines worldwide. Iain Sinclair is known for his 'dense, impressionistic, psychogeographical formulations' of London in books such as London Overground: A Day's Walk around the Ginger Line (2015), and London Orbital (2002).
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Weight590 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byMarc Atkins
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.