All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn petroleum engineering, liquid nitrogen can be used to aid in fracturing the formation rock because of its extremely cryogenic temperature. With the development of new jet techlogy in recent years, liquid nitrogen is considered as a promising jet medium to exploit oil and gas. The first chapter of this book provides an impact pressure and parametric sensitivity analysis of the numerical simulation of liquid nitrogen. In the second chapter, the uses of liquid nitrogen in a completely different sphere are explored, particularly its use for the storage of human cells and tissues for transplantation. Finally, liquid nitrogen is one of the cryogenic fluids most used for cryopreservation of animal germoplasm; low temperature preservation of oocytes, sperm and embryos is a fundamental cornerstone of assisted reproductive techlogies. The last chapter examines the mathematical prediction of cooling rates during cryopreservation of reproductive cells in liquid nitrogen.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight336 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byElisabeth W. Higgins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.