Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA secret brotherhood uses techlogy to influence a national election. Bill Ockham is seeking purpose. His wife is dead as a result of a tragic accident. His influential best friend advises him that he is too old to work in Silicon Valley. Now, his best friend Wayne Tran is dead. A month later, Bill receives a cryptic email from Wayne. How could that be? Is the email a clever way to get Bill's attention that something is wrong, really wrong? With the help of techlogist Marcie Cover, they embark on a journey through the private and seedy parts of Silicon Valley on their quest to find the horrific circumstances behind the killing that extend all the way to the Federal Government.
- Author BiographyTom Williams is a technology veteran with over four decades of experience leading private and public companies that profoundly altered the way we work, learn, entertain and interact. The son of an auto mechanic and a bookkeeper, Tom grew up in Rhode Island with an interest in changing how things work. In 1968, he joined the Information Technology Department at the Community College of Rhode Island to lead in the design and development of automated grade reporting, class scheduling, and student information systems. In 1978, the Memorex Corporation lured Tom to Silicon Valley with an offer to join its newly formed Communications Product Division as a Strategic Planner. After a five-year stint at Memorex, he concentrated his career in starting disruptive technology companies that received a number in domestic and international awards. Besides being Chairman of the companies he founded, Tom held domestic and international Board of Directors positions, executive positions at Novell and Cisco, and is a Limited Partner in several venture capital funds. Also, Tom was a Trustee and Executive Committee member of a private school. Today, Tom spends his time as an Independent Board Member, Strategic Advisor, speaker and author. Corporations, growth companies, startups and private equity firms engage Tom's expertise and retain him as an independent voice to gather thought leaders together to discuss and debate the impact and strategic value of technology in emerging markets that will deliver extraordinary productive and profitable outcomes. First Computer -Courtesy, Computer History Museum Tom earned an MBA from Santa Clara University, a BS Business from Roger Williams University, an AS Computer Science from Community College of RI, and a Certificate in Data Processing from the Institute for Certification of Computing Processionals (ICCP). Tom also served honorably in the U.S. Army in the position of Drill Sergeant. Tom is intrigued by the notion of providing an author's platform that directly engages readers. One of the aspects of his novels is to include an Author's Commentary chapter at the end of the story that clarifies the impact of the technology used in the story. He encourages readers to engage in discussions and observation on the technology referenced in his books.
- Author(s)Tom Williams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.