All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter. With this up-to-date, authoritative guide you can experience all of Lisbon's sights and discover hotels, restaurants, trendy spots and find out about festivals and events. With tips on great places for free, what's unique to Lisbon, what to do on rainy days and where to relax and chill out. You'll find lots of ideas for shopping, a suggestion for the perfect day in Lisbon, a large road atlas and a removable pull-out map. Also contains: Walking Tours, Travel Tips, Travel with Kids, Links, Blogs, Apps & More, Useful Phrases in Portuguese and a comprehensive index. Lisbon offers its visitors a warm, open and relaxed welcome. The Portuguese city enjoys a majestic setting on the mouth of the Tejo. Imbued with the charm of times gone by, Portugal's capital pulsates with life. The MARCO POLO Lisbon guide invites you to explore the Beauty on the Tejo. Take a stroll through picturesque narrow streets and up and down steep steps and yield to the enchantment of quaint oks and crannies and magical squares.This practical guide book, small eugh to slip into your pocket, takes you to magnificent palaces and monasteries bearing witness to the splendour of colonial times; but also to a stalgic city on the south-western edge of Europe which is dynamic, modern and cosmopolitan. The younger generation enjoy themselves in clubs and bars on the banks of the Tejo, but for people of a more gentle disposition there's all sorts to explore. MARCO POLO Lisbon's Insider Tips tell you where you can bump into the seven dwarves in the Sintra forests and where fado lovers get together. The Low Budget tips in each chapter show how you can experience a great deal with very little money, enjoy something special and snap up some real bargains. The Walking Tours through Lisbon introduce you to secluded squares and airy heights. You wander through the exclusive upper town with its magnificent miradouros (viewing points); you stroll through Lisbon's oldest quarter enmeshed in a labyrinth of steep steps. The Trips & Tours encourage you to take a dip in the picturesque resort of Sintra on the Atlantic coast.The Dos and Don'ts advise you why you should refrain from coming out with snippets of Spanish, and never turn up exactly on time. MARCO POLO Lisbon gives comprehensive coverage all the city's districts. To help you find your way around there's a detailed street atlas, removable pull-out map and practical map inside the back cover, with street atlases of Lisbon-Alfama and Lisbon-Belem as well as a metro map, and Where to Start boxes in the sightseeing, shopping and entertainment chapters.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight249 g
- Width110 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.