All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the heart of every parent, matter how strong the love and child-parental ties, lies fear. Fear that their child could one day, in some way, meet up with harm or be taken from them. For Marie and Steven Boman, on the final night of their daughter's sophomore year, their worst fear becomes true with their only daughter's disappearance. 16 year old Elizabeth Boman, affectionately kwn as 'Lissy' to her family and friends, is just like every other 16 year old girl, dividing her time among studies and friends at her local high school, looking forward to summer and the close of ather school year. But unlike the 'rmal' kids, Lissy is addicted to meth. On graduation night and desperate for a fix, she coerces Trevor, her best friend, to travel with her across the bridge that borders El Paso with Ciudad, Juarez. Targeted by traffickers for her youth, addiction, and white skin, her nightmare begins. Little does she kw that she is being secretly followed by t just one, but several men. From new friends in the peculiar towns she finds herself in, to the strangers she befriends, to a robust woman who bears peach pies and hymns, to the men who were sent to get her, Lissy's clock is ticking, as a desperate man stares at the images on the screen before him in a windowless cubicle overlooking Manila. Will Lissy be delivered into the hands of her kidnappers? Forced into a life of enslavement which has way out but death? Or will she find her way home to her parents before the men who are following her find her? A poignant tale of love, courage, hope, and the desperation of addiction, interspersed with letters from a mother to a daughter, Lissy battles her demons as the traffickers try to find her. From the family ranch on the Rio Grande, to a party island, through seedy streets and a forest deep within the south behind a river, to the underworld of the drug cartels and traffickers, to a 'house' hidden in the hills above Manila, Lissy is a powerful vel that delivers.
- Author BiographyA native of southern California, Elaine Balliet honed her skill for writing as a reporter and columnist for the Press Enterprise, a major California newspaper. An avid swimmer and photographer, she enjoys everything from unhurried strolls along the ocean to the call of neon lights. A dedicated and enthusiastic traveler, home is where her writing guides her. She is currently at work on her next novel on the shores of Kaanapali, Hawaii. Lissy is her third novel.
- Author(s)Elaine Balliet
- PublisherDoheny & Lorden
- Date of Publication03/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDoheny & Lorden
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.