All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionListen, Slowly is a New York Times Book Review Notable Book and a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year! This remarkable and bestselling vel from Thanhha Lai, author of the National Book Award-winning and Newbery Hor Book Inside Out & Back Again, follows a young girl as she learns the true meaning of family.A California girl born and raised, Mai can't wait to spend her vacation at the beach. Instead, she has to travel to Vietnam with her grandmother, who is going back to find out what really happened to her husband during the Vietnam War. Mai's parents think this trip will be a great opportunity for their out-of-touch daughter to learn more about her culture. But to Mai, those are their roots, t her own. Vietnam is hot, smelly, and the last place she wants to be. Besides barely speaking the language, she doesn't kw the geography, the local customs, or even her distant relatives. To survive her trip, Mai must find a balance between her two completely different worlds.Perfect for fans of Rita Williams-Garcia and Linda Sue Park, Listen, Slowly is an irresistibly charming and emotionally poignant tale about a girl who discovers that home and culture, family and friends, can all mean different things.This paperback edition includes a special letter from the author and a Vietnamese glossary and pronunciation guide.
- Author(s)Thanhha Lai
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.52Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.