All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Academic Study: Listening This fully updated 2012 edition of English for Academic Study: Listening will help your students develop the listening and te-taking skills they need to participate effectively in academic lectures and seminars. The units are organized as follows: * Listening and lectures * Introductions to lectures * Identifying key ideas in lectures * Note-taking * Introducing new termilogy * What lecturers do in lectures * Digressions Each unit includes video and audio recordings of authentic lectures from a range of academic fields, including banking, development ecomics, marketing, psychology and linguistics. These have been recorded in a genuine academic environment and are a perfect way to prepare for English-Medium study. The Course Book includes unit summaries to give students a quick overview of what they have covered, and a comprehensive glossary of terms. Each unit also has weblinks offering additional information and activities, relating to both listening skills and the topics covered in the units. This book can be used in conjunction with the following books in the English for Academic Study (EAS) series, also published by Garnet Education: EAS: Reading, EAS: Writing, EAS: Extended Writing & Research Skills, EAS: Speaking, EAS Vocabulary, EAS: Pronunciation, and EAS: Grammar for Writing.
- Author BiographyColin Campbell has worked in English language teaching for almost 30 years. He has been a teacher, teacher-trainer and consultant in a number of countries, including Poland, Spain, Italy, Ireland and the UK. He has also been involved in setting up language schools in Italy and Poland. Some of his fondest memories from his career to date include co-hosting a Learning English television series for local television in Italy; recording Irish songs for a children's Course Book in Poland; writing original readers for CUP and, still, teaching students. He has worked at the University of Reading since 1998, teaching on EAP courses. He has written and co-written various EAP and general ELT books, including EAS Listening and EAS Vocabulary for Garnet Education. Jonathan Smith has many years' experience teaching and teacher training in Europe, North Africa and the Far East, and now works as an EAP lecturer and course director at the Centre for Applied Language Studies at the University of Reading. His academic interests include the teaching of oral skills and the applications of technology in language learning. He has co-authored two books in the English for Academic Study series: Listening and Pronunciation.
- Author(s)Colin Campbell,Jonathan Smith
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Academic Study (2012)
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content NoteContains black and white tables and illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.