All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionHow do children experience and understand God? How can adults help children grow their life of faith? Throughout more than a decade of field research, children's spirituality experts Catherine Stonehouse and Scottie May listened to children talk about their relationships with God, observed children and their parents in learning and worship settings, and interviewed adults about their childhood faith experiences. This accessibly written book weaves together their findings to offer a glimpse of the spiritual responsiveness and potential of children. Through case studies, it provides insight into children's perceptions of God and how they process their faith. In addition, the book suggests how parents, teachers, and ministry leaders can more effectively relate to and work with children and pre-adolescents to nurture their faith, offering a helpful picture of adults and children on the spiritual journey together. The book also includes colour illustrations created by some of the children the authors observed.
- Author BiographyCatherine Stonehouse (PhD, Michigan State University), author of the award-winning book Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey, is the Orlean Bullard Beeson Professor of Christian Discipleship and dean of the school of practical theology at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. Scottie May (PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is associate professor of Christian formation and ministry at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. Both authors speak regularly on children's spirituality topics.
- Author(s)Catherine Stonehouse,Scottie May
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.