All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2010 Sigourney Award! How has Hanna Segal influenced psychoanalysis today? Jean-Michel Quidoz provides the reader with a comprehensive overview of Segal's life, her clinical and theoretical work, and her contribution to psychoanalysis over the past sixty years by combining actual biographical and conceptual interviews with Hanna Segal herself or with colleagues who have listened to Segal in various contexts. Listening to Hanna Segal explores both Segal's personal and professional histories, and the interaction between the two. The book opens with an autobiographical account of Segal's life, from her birth in Poland to her analysis with Melanie Klein in London where she became the youngest member of the British Psychoanalytical Society. Quidoz goes on to explain Segal's contributions in various fields of psychoanalysis including: * the psychoanalytic treatment of psychotic patients * the introduction of the symbolic equation * aesthetics and the creative impulse * the analysis of elderly patients * introducing the work of Melanie Klein. Quidoz concludes by examining Segal's most recent contribution to psychoanalysis - exploring nuclear terror, psychotic anxieties, and group phemena. Throughout the interviews Segal speaks of her close relationships with prominent colleagues such as Klein, Rosenfeld, and Bion, making this book both a valuable contribution to the history of psychoanalysis and an indication of the evolution of psychoanalytic ideas over the past six decades. This clear summary of Hanna Segal's life and her contribution to psychoanalysis will be an essential guide to anyone studying Segal and her contemporaries.
- Author BiographyJean-Michel Quinodoz is a Psychoanalyst in private practice in Geneva. He is a member of the Swiss Psychoanalytical Society and Honorary Member of the British Psychoanalytical Society. Jean-Michel Quinodoz is author of The Taming of Solitude, Dreams That Turn Over a Page and Reading Freud.
- Author(s)Jean-Michel Quinodoz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleNew Library of Psychoanalysis Teaching Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byDavid Alcorn
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.