All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the First World War, Belgian Sub-Lieutenant Paul Goldschmidt set up and operated a clandestine radio station, kwn as MN7, behind enemy lines in the small Belgian village of Baarle-Hertog. Published for the first time in English, Goldschmidt's memoirs vividly narrate the human experience of his most-secret war. As the Western Front consumed men in their thousands, this isolated outpost utilised new and embryonic radio techlogy to warn the Allies of Zeppelin raids and German naval and troop movements, thereby playing a vital role in the war effort.
- Author BiographyDr Brendan Whyte is a historical and political geographer and currently works as the Assistant Curator of Maps, National Library of Australia. He has extensively studied enclaves around the world. A case study, of the Belgo-Dutch enclaves at Baarle-Hertog/Baarle-Nassau, for which Paul Goldschmidt's memoir was a source, was published separately in 2004.
- Author(s)Brendan Whyte,Paul Goldschmidt
- PublisherTommies Guides
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationEastbourne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReveille Press
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Translated byBrendan Whyte
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.