Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionFor Music Appreciation courses at the college and high-school levels. Listening to Music's step-by-step presentation, accessible and reader-friendly approach, and focus on the music and composers helps students gain the effective listening skills needed to identify composers, their styles, and their music. Listening to Music reflects the successful and invative approach used in Dr. Jay Zorn's popular course in music appreciation. While teaching his course, he realized students needed a more accessible and reader-friendly text that would cover the genres interesting to them while still teaching the classical repertoire. It takes a listening-based approach, focusing on individual works where the student is guided with appropriate musical and social background in order to understand the relationship to other music.
- Author BiographyDr. Jay Zorn is the Chairman of the Music Education Department at the University of Southern California, Thornton School of Music, and a past president of the California Music Educators Association. For 30 years, Dr. Zorn has focused on training music educators, teaching music appreciation to thousands of students, and developing new, courses .designed to appeal to the expanding cultural diversity of student populations. June August is a playwright whose works have been produced in New England, California, Florida, and off-Broadway. She has been the Editorial Director of the Education Division of Walt Disney Productions and Director of Public Information for the University of Southern California, Thornton School of Music. In addition, June is a writing consultant and trainer for Fortune 500 companies throughout North America.
- Author(s)Jay D. Zorn
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication26/10/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date25/05/2007
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight889 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.