All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe transition from nursing to weaning is a rite of passage. It can either be a time full of stress, regret and confusion, or a joyous celebration of growth. Ready to Wean/ Listo Para Destetar is for mothers and nursing children, to help them both communicate their deep love and respect for one ather. The author believes that it is never too early for moms and dads to talk to their baby with tenderness and dignity, and to explain that nursing together is a cherished and special time. Yet, when mother longer chooses this mutual task, or for health or other reasons cant continue, then it is better for parent and child to begin the weaning process. Since the appearance of this book in English, national and state WIC (Women, Infants and Children) agencies began asking about release of this book in a bi-lingual (English-Spanish) edition, calling it a crucial addition to the literature. There few other book like this, although many adult books are devoted to the process of weaning. Listo Para Destetar /Ready to Weanis a children's picture book, designed to empower mothers in the weaning process. The friendly text reassures and prepares the child, in a confident way, for this new stage of growth, and bolsters mother's confidence that she will continue to grow with her child, beyond this particular form.
- Author BiographyElyse April is a licensed (New York State) early-childhood educator, with a masters degree in Early Childhood Education. A private school elementary teacher for ten years. Elyse has more recently taught theatre classes in a special program for youth-at-risk. She is a freelance publicist who has been working with promotion of breastfeeding as a national (and international) priority.
- Author(s)Elyse April
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight78 g
- Width215 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Diane Iverson
- Foreword byDeborah Auletta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.