All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to the expanding field of literacy studies has been fully revised for the second edition. It explores recent developments and new research that has contributed to our understanding of literacy practices, reflecting on the interdisciplinary growth of the study of reading and writing over the past decade. * An introductory textbook on the growing field of literacy studies, fully updated for the new edition * Includes new sections detailing recent completed studies of literacy practices, and the use of new techlogies * Distinguishes between the competing definitions of literacy in contemporary society, and examines the language and learning theories which underpin new views of literacy * Now features additional material on cross-cultural perspectives, US-based examples, and information detailing current educational policy.
- Author BiographyDavid Barton is Professor of Language and Literacy and Director of the Literacy Research Centre at Lancaster University. His publications include Beyond Communities of Practice (co-edited with Karin Tusting, 2005), Letter Writing as a Social Practice (co-edited with Nigel Hall, 2000), and Local Literacies: Reading and Writing in One Community (with Mary Hamilton, 1998).
- Author(s)David Barton
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1 illustration
- Weight520 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.