All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing upon thirty-two years of experience in public education, ranging from the classroom to the principal's office, author Carolyn Lawrence offers advice, insight, and inspiration to her readers about how to make reading accessible and even fun for students. However, Lawrence's point stretches far beyond literacy and delves into the idea that all students, regardless of background and correct instructional level , are capable of learning and benefiting from a positive school environment. Her intention is to make the reader a participant in the school's life, to give an insider's view of how much soul it takes to make a school successful. Through anecdotes and personal experience, Lawrence provides all readers, both educators and others, with a deeper understanding of the challenges of public education. She demonstrates the role of the teacher and the principal as the instructional leader and a daily participant in classroom life, juggling a variety of roles and responsibilities. This book is useful to all readers with a concern for education, and particularly for practicing and training school administration and others concerned with curriculum and instruction planning. It will also be helpful in preparing teacher education students and new teachers for the classroom.
- Author BiographyCarolyn McKenzie Lawrence was an elementary school teacher, reading supervisor, curriculum resource teacher, assistant principal for instruction, and elementary principal for 32 years. In 1962 she was nominated for Outstanding Teacher of the Year in Huntsville, Alabama. In 1966, she became a reading supervisor for a county in Alabama. She was named to the Professional Practices Council in Florida in 1973, was Principal of the Year in her school district in 1987, and was named one of Five Outstanding Educators in l989 by the National Parent Teacher Association. She has been a member of Phi Delta Kappa, ASCD, NEA, and NAESP.
- Author(s)Carolyn McKenzie Lawrence
- Date of Publication28/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width157 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.