All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffective student-centered learning occurs when the traditional teacher-student practice of 'I lecture, you retain and repeat' is discarded, and when the students assume responsibility for their own process of discovery while the teacher assumes the role of facilitatorach. In this book, Karrell Hickman isolates behaviors teachers and students can practice in order to move beyond their traditional roles in the classroom to promote a more engaged and energized learning environment. She presents four fully developed long-term research projects that are designed to encourage student-centered learning while meeting language arts standards on multiple levels.
- Author BiographyKarrell Hickman currently teaches at Feather River Academy in Yuba City, California. She has a master's degree in English and has been a National Board Certified Teacher since 1995.
- Author(s)Karrell Hickman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, port.
- Weight363 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.